Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Back to School

Here at the Schaefers it is back to school for both Teagan and I this week. To get the year started off to a good start Teagan and I made a gift for her teacher to give to her at Open House. I got the idea here http://notsoidlehands.blogspot.com/








I started with a plate from Walmart that just happened to be Raider black and red.
A little chalkboard paint, supplies, and a sharpie.

Taped off the size of "chalkboard" I wanted. Was out of painters tape and the masking tape wasn't amazing, but I made it work.

Painted a couple layers of paint and then Teagan decided what she wanted it to say. Sorry about the glare - still figuring out the new camera.
The final product with good luck wishes for the year. Hoping she can use it for athletic announcements or other school activites. I had the stand so total for this project was about $4. Can't beat that after back to school shopping! Have a good rest of the week!

2 comments: