Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Why wouldn't I...

start a new project, on the second to last day of January, on my deck, in only a t-shirt?
I mean, who wouldn't?  This weather is fabulous and I decided to take advantage and kick start a spray painting project on my list.
 I bought 6 of these for $1 each in the Target Dollar Bins (one of my happy places!)
 I found this lovely discounted ALOT at Lowes a couple weeks ago.
 Some extra brown spray paint I had lying around and good ol' masking tape to cover the hardware.
 This will hopefully turn into a project I found at http://brownpaperpackages/.  I want to use it in my parents' new house to display pictures of the grandkids.  And for those of you who are counting - yes there are only 5 kids now and NO I am not pregnant!! Just trying to plan ahead (you know, just in case) ;)
I think I have decided to start a new segment on my blog labeled "Bargain Brags".  I get so stinking excited about getting good deals, so in order to share my enthusiasm I thought I would force you all to look at them also :)
 So here are my first purchases - again, for my parents house.  I am planning a black entry table and want to accent with silver and yellow.  The plate I found for $2 and the pitcher for $3 at TJMAXX.  I am quickly becoming a Maxonista.
 I found this guy for a little under $6 at Target.  I have a cousin who is having a little boy in the spring, so I thought we could fill it with baby goodies and other items from the registry.  I mean, really, I got a suitcase for about $2 more than a bag and tissue paper!  Whats not to love?
And some birthday gifts for an upcoming party Tate is attending.  The tent was $5 and then game a little under $6, both from Target.  The kids have been going to a lot of birthdays and having a blast!!  I like to give the kids as much as possible without breaking the bank.  And thanks to Target clearnace we are going to look like rockstars!!!
I will be sharing some pics from those parties and other gatherings soon.  As soon as I get one computer to do everything I need it to for my blog.  So frustrating, but it could be worse.  Enjoy this weather everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello fellow Maxonista! I love your frame project... LOVE. Can't wait to see what else you do for your parents home...

    Nicky

    ReplyDelete