Sunday, September 20, 2009

Fall fun!

This may be the first photograph I have taken that looks like a professional did it. This might have won a blue ribbon in Marengo people!! More about where I took the picture later.Brad was golfing in a tournament today, so the kids and I got a little bonding time. Here they are coloring some fall decorations. I love putting up stuff the kids make for holidays - then they get put back in the box for the next year. I love seeing some of the stuff that Brad's mom saved from when he was little.
Our deck was started and will hopefully be compelted by next weekend. When we left for the Iowa game yesterday morning there was a huge whole in my house. This is what I found when I came back. So excited. I had the screen open all day today (and I played with the blinds a couple times too!)
All framed out. We decided to put river rock underneath with some plastic to avoid weeds and grass from coming up underneath.
When Brad got home he suggested a family trip to Lake Iowa before dark. I forget how close it is and it has some decent walking/glass trails.

We saw some fun insects (hope you get the sarcasm in my voice), some geese (who Tate taunted by yelling conk,conk - his version of honk, honk!) and then some deer on our way out. All in all it was a good family night.
When we got home we had some apple crisp that I made before we left. Delicious! I love fall!!

No comments:

Post a Comment