Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Day With Thomas

My brother and sister-in-law gave Tate a "ticket" to ride on Thomas the Train for his birthday. Jess and I took Tate and his cousin Jackson to Boone yesterday for the big ride.
We didn't know what to expect, but the train looked awesome and the boys were so pumped!
The sun was really bright and Tate was looking right into it. Hence the squint.
Waiting for the train ride to start. We sat in seats in the cars and took about a 20 minute ride. Tate kept saying "Thomas pulling me!"
The boys did really well together all day. There were other activities too. Like a tent with a bunch of train tables to play with. A train car where volunteers read Thomas books to the kids and of course, a merchandise tent. The prices were pretty good, so Tate walked away with a new fleece Thomas blanket.
He is growing up way too fast! And talking up a storm. Where did my baby go?
And we can't forget Sir Toppemhat. Tate wouldn't take a picture by himself so I got the pleasure of meeting him also! It was a really fun day. I highly recommend going if your child loves Thomas. I didn't think ticket prices were bad, but I would make a weekend out of it and stay in Des Moines instead of driving there and back in a day. The boys were wiped when we got home!
While we were gone Brad and Teagan worked on the deck. It is about 95% finished and I love it!! We just need to put on the steps, get the light installed, and fix the walls. This means a little painting by me, but we all know I don't mind a little paint! Have a great week everyone!
Oh yeah - how 'bout them Hawkeyes!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment