Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fall Fixins!

I love fall fruits and veggies. There is so much you can do with them and it is a great time to get them cheap. I haven't picked any apples yet, but it is on my list for the weekend.
I got some great onions from my mom. Strange story about how she got them. My uncle helped dig out an onion truck that got stuck on the interstate. I guess when something happens to produce vehicles the food is unusable. So, my uncle took a bunch of boxes and spread them out to the family. They are super good and I cut up about 5 of them and put them in the freezer to use this winter.
Found packs of tri-color peppers at Aldis yesterday for $.99. I am pretty careful about getting veggies from there, but these were good quality. So, in the freezer they went. We like to use them in fajitas.
I also did some decorating. Its amazing how your decorating changes when you have kid art to display. I put some of Teagan's pieces in frames.


Tate is doing so much big boy stuff now. Here he is playing farm. He does more than just drive the tractors. He started setting up fences and putting the animals together.
Tonight was a great chance for movie night. I made a pot of chili for supper and party mix to snack on during the movie. I have secretly been wanting to watch Monsters v. Aliens (I know, I know, but it got my curiosity) After that its off to an early bedtime and hope that Friday goes fast! I can use the weekend! Better go Tate is putting Cheerios in his ear as I type! Gotta love little boys!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I got some onions from a truck too and I never thought about freezing them, great idea! I have alot to use still. I am not using the rack for a ghost but that would be a neat project to do. I am excite to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll see about the ghosts. I have a feeling that October is going to fly by!! The onions are good and I have to freeze them because otherwise I let them rot in my cupboard!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete