Sunday, October 4, 2009

Busy (but beautiful) Fall Day!

Today was a super productive day for me. I got a lot of outside decorating done, did a little shopping, gave the kids a bath, and even got to a project I have been wanting to try. Whew!! Here are some pics of all my pumpkins. My mom grew a ton this year so I had plenty to pick from. Might even go back and get more!

Garage entryway


Some more framed artwork. I love this one!

The kids enjoyed the weather this afternoon and were outside for at least a couple hours. When they came in for supper they relaxed for a little while. I love it when I catch Tate "reading" books.It was brought to my attention (thanks Katie!) that I hadn't put up pictures of the completed deck. Here it is from the kitchen.
This is as close as Wrigley gets to the deck for now. Baby gates have so many uses!!
I need a little advice from my followers. We have masonite siding on our house, but since the window we had was bigger than the door we have this extra space to do something with. What do you think? Paint it white or match the color of the house. We plan to side the entire house in a couple years, so we don't want to do anything fancy.

I even had a couple minutes to make this guy. Super easy, cheap, and cute. Found the project at this blog: http://notsoidlehands.blogspot.com/2009/09/freecycle-friday-glowing-jack-olanterns.html

It started with 2 of these, some white tissue paper, Mod Podge,and some black paint.
I painted the lid black.
Covered the container with Mod Podge and then the white tissue paper. 2 layers worked pretty well. I also put one more coat to shine it up a little.
After the Mod Podge dried Teagan painted on the eyes and mouth. We put in a battery operated candle - one of my top 10 greatest inventions ever!!

Here he is in his new home on our counter in the kitchen. Looks great with the lid. My next project will be a pumpkin and maybe a cute little Frankenstein.


Ok - so this is might be my longest blog ever, but I don't want to forget to give props to the NFL. As we all know October is breast cancer awareness month and many different groups to different activities to raise awareness. While watching Sunday Night Football (Pittsburgh v. San Diego) I was moved when I saw how many players were wearing pink. Many of them went beyond the teams hats with pink bills and the logo on all the helmets. Ben Rothlesberger had on pink and white shoes and a pink armband. There were receivers wearing pink gloves too. It made me wonder what experiences some of these men have had with breast cancer and how willing they are to put themselves out there to raise awareness. There isn't a lot of good stuff said about professional athletes sometimes, but tonight these men have my respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment