I love Christmas lights. I don't care where they are - on the tree, a house, a mantle, railing. You name it, I can sit and watch them forever. We did all our decorating last Saturday and while I have little projects I would like to do this may be it for this year.
Our tree is pretty tiny. I have been promised that once I have a ginourmous livingroom I can have a ginourmous tree. I am waiting patiently.
I got this wreath at Hobby Lobby last year for no more than $4 and have had the ornaments forever. I really like this look on the kitchen table. It could use a runner, but if it doesn't happen this year so be it.
This area is a constant thorn in my side. I have no idea why it is there, but it is so I have to find something to do with it. I found all these old books in my mom's garage sale box this summer. I can't believe she was going to get rid of them. They are so old school and I love them!
Found the tree at Hobby Lobby last year too. It didn't have the tag on it so the cashier said how about $2? And I said "Heck yeah!" I also put out the picture to remind Tate that he had no problem with Santa last year and this year shouldn't be any different. Its not working!
This picture doesn't do this area justice. I bought simple strand of white berry garland, wrap some white lights inside, and in the entertainment center. I love it! Simpe, but not too much under the TV.
The tree again. $4 worth of ribbon from Dollar General and discount red ornaments from Target last year and it was done. I also use a throw for my tree skirt. I just can pay $20 for one. Maybe a clearance buy this year.
The view from outside.
Of course, the reason for the season. I like having it displayed on the table, but this area needs to most work. Just not sure what to do. Right now I am praying that baby Jesus doesn't take a Nerf ball to the head. As time goes by my livingroom is turning into a makeshift football field. Not by my choice!
I got all of these for $1 each at Dollar Tree, used some blog suggestions, and turned them into this:
I really like it, maybe love it too! I added our trusty S and I have a $4 wreath for the front door.
These are Dollar Tree pick-ups also. The only problem is that by the time I am done shopping there I end up spending what I would have at Hobby Lobby. But, I walk out with about 20 more things!
Another under $5 tree from H.L. last year.
I couldn't blog about the house without giving credit to the hubby for his hard work outside. I love pulling up to our house with the lights and tree on. Its amazing how little it takes to give a girl warm fuzzies!




Love it all!
ReplyDeletefabulous stuff. especially love the ornaments in the cake stand...may steal that!
ReplyDelete