Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Festivities and a Fall

We had a crazy fun-filled day of Easter Bunny meetings and egg hunts on Saturday, but it was a great day!















The kids did a great job with the bunny. Tate was a big talker, but not so sure once we got close. We pretty much tossed him on the lap and walked away. He wasn't sure what to think, but he "cheesed" it up and was on his way. And pretty proud of himself too! Teagan was the ever present big sister saying "I will stand beside him so he's not scared. I haven't been afraid of the bunny for like 10 years." 10 years, really? Last time I checked you were only 6!!























Then off to the park for the Easter Egg Hunt. Another meeting with the bunny. This time both kids were way more into him.


















Tate even let him hold him - even if he is trying his best to escape!


















He was much more OK with high-5s.

Teagan meet up with some of her besties and waited for the hunt to start. These girls are hilarious and still so innocent. I am not naive enough to think that there won't be trouble ahead, but for now I love how they are!












Patiently waiting! We ditched the gloves close to hunt time for optimal egg gathering!
Teagan got her eggs in about 20 seconds, so she joined Tate in finding some for himself.






What a good big sister!








After getting all his eggs Tate met up with one of his BFFs - Griff. I can't believe how big these 2 are! And a couple of hams - watch out ladies!!




















Checking out the loot.
That was Saturday and after family stuff that night and Sunday morning it was off to some much needed naps and then a little work around the house. Sunday evening the kids were in the backyard helping Brad pick up sticks (aka playing) when I heard screaming. It was Tater and Brad's face didn't look good. He had fallen off the top of our slide and landed hard on the ground. After assessing the situation (calling my best nurse friend Amy - thanks again!) We decided to head to the ER. Good news is that they didn't see any fractures, but think that he may have hurt his elbow pretty badly.
He has to wear this splint/soft cast until we go to the doctor on Wednesday. I am trying to keep him a little less active than usual, but found him trying to jump on the couch and play ring-around-the-rosie already this morning. It could be a long couple of days! Wish us luck!

3 comments:

  1. OMG I hope Tate's appt. goes well, poor guy. hope it's just a sprain... And on a different note, I love Teagan's hair, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Tate is ok!! Poor little guy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about Tate! Let's hope the rest of the summer is a little less traumatic for him and you!

    ReplyDelete