Teagan's reading really took off around Christmas time and it is really amazing what she is able to do. Sometimes Tate will sit still long enough for her to read him a story - this time I think she may have gotten through 2!!
And then there are the times when your sister flips off the swing set and you think it is the funniest thing in the work!! Teagan was ok, but earlier in the day had slipped off the monkey bars at school. She still mentions that it hurts a bit, so we are watching it. What is it with my kids and playground equipment this spring?
Obviously it doesn't strain your back much to do flips on the rings because she did about 20! Enough to make my arms hurt just by watching!
What a ham! He isn't comfortable in the big kid swing and is too big for this one, but whats a mom to do? Stuff them in the smaller swing that they don't fall out of - remember my kids' track record with playground stuff?
I have been trying to keep up with those everyday chores like dishes and laundry so I can enjoy time outside with the kids and even get a couple projects checked off the list. This is one I have been wanting to do for awhile and I finally had time to sit and get it done.
These are from my wedding and I found them when I was cleaning my basement for last year's garage sale. I knew I could use them somewhere. Ignore the dingy, dirtiness - it gets covered up.
I hot glued and wrapped some jute twine around them and here they are. I really like how they turned out and for practically nothing! I would like to be using fresh flowers, but for now these sale aisle finds will have to do.
I also had some time one night to make a burrito recipe I found while searching for frozen meal ideas. They were a little time consuming, but it make A TON!!
Here is the site with the directions if you are interested.
http://amysfinerthings.com/brown-bag-burritos
You can wrap some in foil to put in the oven or wrap them in paper towels and foil for a quick microwave meal. The bags are extra meat that I had left and figured I could use later. A cheap, easy meal for those nights where you just don't have enough time.
You can wrap some in foil to put in the oven or wrap them in paper towels and foil for a quick microwave meal. The bags are extra meat that I had left and figured I could use later. A cheap, easy meal for those nights where you just don't have enough time.
And speaking of not having enough time - we are in full swing here at the Schaefers - literally! Brad's golf team started practice about a month ago and started meets about 2 1/2 weeks ago. They are doing awesome and have had some great weather so far. Pretty soon we are going to throw a dance recital, golf league, graduations and t-ball into the mix. April and May are soooo crazy for us, but we wouldn't have it any other way.
I found this calendar at Walmart for $1 last week and stuck on some magnets so the kids could have their own calendar. Teagan likes to know what is going on each day so I thought we could use this to keep track of their activities this spring and summer. Hopefully I sell this dishwasher soon and the calendar will be hanging on the fridge instead!!




No comments:
Post a Comment