Sunday, May 9, 2010

It's Official!




I am officially getting the school art gifts for holidays! It started simply enough with the usual Halloween pumpkin, Christmas tree with glitter, and Valentine's with a picture of Teagan in the center of a heart. But I have to admit my mind was racing when I started to open the Mother's Day gifts Teagan had made for me. She had been begging me all week to open them up early, so I knew these might be interesting. I was pleasantly surprised to unwrap these:
First of all let me admit that the entire time I was unwrapping the "dry clay" I was thinking - "I am seriously getting an ashtray?" Then I opened up this beauty and about started to cry. She put so much thought and effort into making it and using color that I like - I could tell she was so proud of it. Keep in mind I am trying to drown out her brother in the background saying "it's like a pig, Mommy!" We won't even start on him tonight!

My second gift was the picture, which by the way is amazing. Awesome job Mrs. Woods and Ms. Ashlin! And this letter for me. In case your Kindergarten phonics are a little rusty, here is the decoded version: "My Mom is the best because she reads me stories. She drops me off at school. She takes me to the park." If I wasn't holding back tears already then I read a poem on the back of the picture about growing up and I was about done!! These Kindergarten teachers really know how to get to a lady!
Tate got in on the action too. By the way he would like to say "Happy Mudder's Day" to everyone out there! Lately he has really been trying to color pictures and draw circles. And on this card he was all about copying the M and the exclamation point. We might have a prodigy on our hands!!
So with Mother's Day also came Teagan's dance recital this weekend. It made it a little hectic, but she did really well and always has a good time - and that's what counts. Here are a couple of pics from her Saturday performace.


































Have a great week everyone!! Go Raider golf!!

No comments:

Post a Comment