Saturday, May 8, 2010

Magic in a bottle

A couple months ago I was checking out a post at http://www.howdoesshe.com/. They were talking about some of their favorite cleaning solutions and wonder products. I saw this guy on there a couple different times and decided it was worth a try.






















You can find it at Kmart in Iowa City or Lowes in Coralville. It was about $6/bottle and let me tell you, it is worth every penny!





















We have all these spots through out our house. At first I thought that they were spills from the kids, but I realized that we don't have any in the kids' room. Their rooms did not get new carpet when we moved in. I mentioned this once to my friend Megan and she said that in an apartment she used to live in she had the same types of spots. The carpet cleaner told her that sometimes installers use old glue and it can seep up through the carpet. Awesome! It is my conclusion that this is what has happened at our house and after cleaning them they always come back. This is where Folex comes in. Above is the pre-Folex picture.






















And this is the after. All it takes is spraying the area, agitating the spot with your finger, and then blotting up the area with a paper towel.






















OK, so the brown spot in this picture is not carpet glue, but it still came out.














If anyone is looking for a great spot cleaner I highly recommend Folex. It does have instructions on how to use it with a shampooer. That might be my next big cleaning project.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I will have to give it a try! I have some bad stains in my front living room! I'll let you know how it works!! :) Thanks Darc! And Happy Mother's Day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new template! And I must try your spot cleaner, great tip!

    ReplyDelete