Saturday, January 1, 2011

Playing Catch-up!








OK, so I have been really horrible about blogging over the holidays, but a small resolution I made to myself was to get back on track. We had an amazing holiday and enjoyed spending time together and with family and friends. The kids got everything on their list, I did some elfing for family members (sidenote - if I could be a personal shopper and make a living doing it I totally would) and we spent a majority of our free time planning our BIG gift for the kids.







Thats right! We are headed to Disney World!! I cannot tell you how excited I am and as the time gets closer I think the kids are "getting it" more. We are headed down with my parents, sister, and my brother's family. 11 in all. We decided to rent a house off property and Brad and I spent many a night researching and getting completely obsessed with all the details. After that was decided we pow-wowed with my family and decided to make it offical. We told the kids on Christmas Eve at my parents by giving them little gifts related to the trip. They all got a calendar to count down the days until with leave.
Now that we have the major details down for the trip I have been spending time on my newest toy:






Yep - I finally got one!! Thanks honey!! I have spent many an hour looking for downloads to help on our trip (and doing some other stuff)!
The kiddos and I did get some things accomplished this week. Most importantly we put away Christmas decorations. They weren't exactly super helpful, but they sure were cute!








I did take a minute to take pics of one of my Christmas crafts. I made an organizer for my sister-in-law. Its not that I think she needs one, I just always wanted to make one and she was my target.
I started with a floating frame I found at JoAnn's at a 60% off sale. I took the glass apart and drew/traces in a blank calendar with black sharpie.








Put the sharpie side "inside" so that it couldn't be wiped off.










I gave her dry erase markers so she can label the month, activities, and other notes on the glass, which is easily wiped off whenever needed.






I finished by putting all 4 of their names in a corner with letter stickers from Dollar Tree. All in all it totalled about $11 and I love the way it turned out. Super simple and easy to personalize. And what mom doesn't love a new way to keep on top of stuff?
Alright - 2011 is really here and it looks to be full of fun, new beginnings (hugs to my expectant girlfriends) and changes. As long as we take it all in stride and keep it in perspective it will all be good!! Happy New Year to all of you and may you have time to enjoy the moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment