So I have been thinking about my resolutions for this year and realized that maybe I shouldn't have to think about resolutions. Shouldn't they just come to me? So, here they are. Nothing wordy or earth shattering. Just simple resolutions/goals that I want to keep for myself that I believe will lead me to a little more happiness and a little more health.
#1 - Do something with laundry everyday. Whether it is take it down to the laundryroom, sort it, fold a load, wash a load - something. I am always amazed at how fast it multiplies and how crappy it makes me feel!
#1 - Do something with laundry everyday. Whether it is take it down to the laundryroom, sort it, fold a load, wash a load - something. I am always amazed at how fast it multiplies and how crappy it makes me feel!
#2 - Continue to meal plan. I can't believe what a difference this made in my daily happiness last year! It took awhile to start up, but now takes very little time in terms of how much it saves me. Here is our plan for the entire month of January. Feels good!
#3 - Exercise (maybe). I really don't like to do it. I try to be motivated, but after about 2 weeks I am done. I need to find something that I really like or make a schedule of different activities to mix it up. If anyone has suggestions I would love to hear them. And yes - If you can make me look like Fergie does I would be even happier :)
#4 - Take some time for me without feeling guilty about it. I think this is part of my problem with exercising. I already spend enough time away from my kids that I hate to take any more away, but every momma needs time and here are a couple of ways I plan to spend mine:
These ladies are addicting. I don't think I would ever want to live in Beverly Hills, but if I could hang out with these women I might survive!
Start reading books again. I was doing pretty well until summer, but slacked off this fall. This series is really popular with my students and some co-workers, so it is my starting point.
#5 - The most important of the all. I resolve to have more patience and learn more everyday from these two:
It is easy to get caught up in all the other "stuff" that I think I need to do, but really all I need to work on is doing my best to raise them and teach them what they need to be their own person. I need to learn all the things they can teach me and learn from all the moments, not just the "good" ones. I hope this new year brings all of you everything you wish and work for! Enjoy the moments!











I really need to think about the meal planning ... or maybe I should get justin to think about it {wink}.... great resolutions... Happy new year to your family!
ReplyDelete