Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hair Today...


..gone tomorrow. Actually this haircut happened tonight. I have been going crazy dealing with her hair because she will pretty much only wear handbands. She can put in her own barrettes and ponytails, but won't do it when she has to wear a hat (which is everyday). So, I told her to make a choice - either start doing stuff with her hair or decide how short I would cut it. She called my bluff and said she picked the haircut. Her only requirement was that she didn't look like a boy. What do you think?


I know this is kinda gross, but look at how much hair we got rid of!! Crazy!



Tonight was super busy getting some Valentine's stuff done for tomorrow. After an early supper the kids got in the tub and I multitasked by filling up treat bags for our Valentine's at daycare. The big bags were 4/$1 at Target and the stickers were also $1. Teagan did the decorating and I filled them with fruitsnacks, mini juice boxes, some candy, and a crazy balloon thing from Dollar Tree. All together I think it was a little over a dollar for each - not bad considering how much candy is!




Before that I had made a batch of Rice Krispy treats and turned them into this:











I cut the pan into big squares and turned each of those into a heart (you see it, right?) Dipped them in chocolate and added some red sprinkles. They are cooling in the fridge before I wrap them up for the teachers at school.
After everything was cleaned up or close to, we started getting ready for bed. Tate has started going to the bathroom every night before bed. Mainly as a stall tactic, but he usually does something so we'll take it.
He has to read this book everytime he is in the "pottyroom". Seriously he has the last 2-3 words of every page memorized and you can see "Let's build a house." Learning has to start somewhere right? Might as well start the same way millions of other men have!!
Whew - I am exhausted! Off to bed!

1 comment:

  1. Teagan's hair is absolutely adorable! And those rice crispie treats..yum...I've never thought about dipping them in chocolate...genius! Henry screams and runs away when I get him near the toilet, I think he is actually terrified of sitting on it, like he may drown or something...ugh!!!

    ReplyDelete