Friday, February 19, 2010

Playing Tag

I had a feeling it would happen, and it did. I was tagged by my friend Casey at http://wetjenfamily.blogspot.com/ (who was tagged by Nicky at http://mommagetsreal-nicky.blogspot.com/) to talk about our daily "beauty" routines.

I will begin by saying I may be one of the lowest maintenance people around - seriously! Not to prove a point or be "that girl", but I just don't take much time to get myself ready. I always use excuses like the kids or my job, but I am starting to take more of an interest in taking care of my self and working on that outward beauty a little more. So, here it is and pretty much in the order it happens.




Avon facial moisturizer goes on right out of the shower. Especially in this lovely winter weather.








This is probably the most pricey item I get, but (no holds barred here) I pit out like a (insert your favorite, inappropriate phrase here)! This deodorant has pretty much done the trick for me.



















This works well for straightening my hair and is way less than the salon stuff I started with.















Here is where the cheap stuff comes in. I maybe use a little concealer. Right now it is from NYC and it works pretty well for my needs.
















I follow it up with maybe some foundation, but usually just some powder or this bronzer (also from NYC)









And I never leave the house without eyeliner. This is from Avon and I really like it. It is waterproof and even my low maintenance sister commented about how well it works and doesn't smudge.





This is my make-up remover. I do have some cleansers from AVON too, but these do the trick and I have them handy (thanks Tater!). They work great for my eye make-up as well.








For a night out I might use this eyeshadow my MIL gave me for Christmas. It is from laura mericer and I really like the blueish/gray color. Makes me all sultry and mysterious- ha!!












I also really like these glosses from Bath and Body Works.
That's it for me. Pretty simple, but it works for me. Now, the question is ... who to tag?
I pick... Hayley at http://lovelittlethings.blogspot.com/
and Janelle at http://thefarmerswifeiniowa.blogspot.com/
You're it ladies!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah Darcy! I knew you would like to be tagged!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing! I totally use baby wipes to take my make-up off too. I hear good things about Bath and Body Works glosses, maybe I should try some. ;-)

    ReplyDelete