Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"I forgot!"

So how many times a day do you hear this?







Right now they are Teagan's favorite words and the thorn in my side! It started with me finding Teagan fangling her brother over the side of our chair like they were the main stage for Ringling Brothers! When just the day before her dad had said never to do that anymore. Her response to my find? "I forgot!" Really girlfriend? I am pretty sure you knew exactly what you were doing!
Going for round 2 - she got caught putting sugar on some strawberries after being told numerous times that she had had enough for the night. When she thought Brad and I were both helping Tate in the bathroom she dumped a ton of sugar on the strawberries! Brad caught her in the act. Her response again? "I forgot!". This is a smart girl, people! What is going on? Being 6? Being a girl? Both incidents resulted in straight to bed for the night, but cutting down on these would be the best for all of us. Any suggestions?

So, with all these early bedtimes I had some time to finish some books that were on my list.







"Push" was absolutely intense and not for those with weak stomachs. That being said it is a book that has potential to change lives and I hope that all the press and publicity it has gotten gives it the chance to reach an audience that can really benefit from it.







This weekend I rented the movie based on the book. If any of you have read the book, but were putting off the movie due to the graphic content you don't have to worry. It was WAY less intense than the book and was done very well. That's not to say the movie is easy to watch, but I highly recommend watching it.


While on our trip I started reading "Lipstick Jungle" bu Candace Bushnell. I was devestated when the show was cancelled last year and this may have been a last effort to get another dose. I really liked the book, but without giving away major stuff it is nothing like this:
The male characters are so much different than on the show, but if you enjoyed the show I think you would like the book also. Added bonus - I found it for only $3 at Dollar General!!

No comments:

Post a Comment