Thursday, March 11, 2010

My post-vacation present!




We made it back and had an absolute blast on our vacation! I will share some pictures later, but there are some that need to be edited/deleted. You know - what happens in Mexico stays in Mexico!!
When we returned home we found our kitchen about 95% done and I can't tell you how excited I was about it. To start with, we had our fridge water and ice hooked up (finally) after living in this house for almost 8 years.




















It might seem like a little thing, but I have had more ice water in the past 2 days than I have in a month. Not counting the trip of course, because I don't think they have water there! HA!! In addition to the water our tub got a new drain. Again, not so exciting, but when you have been giving kids baths with a stopper that they are constantly kicking out of place it is one of the best presents ever!!
OK - so here is the big reveal (minus the dishwasher) that is on its way.





















I am SOOOOO in love with it and so happy that we finally just decided to do it. It just needs some finishing touches and then I can move on to more projects. I know the hubby will be so excited to hear that!

6 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS!!! That Dan Becker does good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darcy - the kitchen looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Love the colors! Everything looks great! I totally get you - ice & water in the fridge door is a big step up!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. dan's the man...but he couldn't do it without his trusty sidekick ruth. love the kitchen. when are you having us over for dinner? can't wait to see the vaca pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the backsplash! can't wait to see vacation pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!! Doesn't a "new" kitchen feel like a new house!??!?! Dan does GREAT work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so nice! Totally jealous.

    ReplyDelete