Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring Fever

I know everyone else feels the same especially looking outside today. Mother Nature is flexing her muscles a little to remind us she is still not done, but that isn't stopping me from doing everything I can to get spring here. My latest project is Mod Podging on tile. You can get really cheap tile at home improvement places and I printed off this picture on regular paper and ink. I cut it to fit, Mod Podged the back and secured it in place. I then covered it with a coat of Modge Podge and it was done.















I really like the way it turned out and am moving on to some quotes. The only problem with that is finding clear paper to print on. I did find some at Michaels yesterday, so I will let you know how it turns out. It is a really simple and cheap project.















My next project was Easter garland for above the deck doors. I grabbed 2-18 packs of eggs at Dollar Tree, used regular thread to connect them together, and tied each end.















It turned out pretty well and gives the kitchen a more festive look. The only problem I had was some of the eggs didn't have holes in them, but some did. The ones that didn't I used a nail to punch one in. Another very cheap holiday decoration.



I also had some time to go through the kids' rooms (again) over my break. I wanted to get through old clothes and toys for a possible garage sale next month. I always struggle with storing all the little "treasures" that the kids have and have found these bags to work amazingly. They are from curtains, shams, and sheets I have bought in the past. They are the right size for about anything. And the usually have an inside pocket where you can put in your own labels. If you have any lying around and need some extra storage pull out some of these babies - they rock!



Another one of my storage solutions. These are on top of the dryer and hold our hair trimmers and random stuff I catch before washing clothes.

These hold the kids' socks that have lost their partners - how are there always so many? I like that the lids snap shut. Not the most attractive storage solution. Maybe I will Mod Podge these too! Love that stuff!
Since an amazing lady I know cleaned up my cupboards (and pretty much the rest of my kitchen!) I have been wanting to add a couple more touches. I found this tweet birdie for $2 at Michaels yesterday. I love the green color and that it makes me think of spring.





Last rant, I promise! I made this recipe for supper last night and Brad really liked it. It was pretty simple and something different. I am adding the link below if you want to give it a try. My only recommendation is: while cooking the sausage cut them up in bite-sized pieces. They will finishing cooking better. Also, it is not the healthiest meal ever, but a nice comfort food meal.

2 comments:

  1. Cute tile! Looks like you've been busy!!
    Funny...when I was packing to go on a little get-a-way this week with the family, I was wondering if anyone else uses those little zipper bags that sheets and such come in!!! I have used them for as long as I can remember, they work great for traveling...packing things like shampoo/cond, lotions...all the beauty stuff you wouldn't want to spill/leak all over your clothes! I too use them for markers/crayons...LOVE THEM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you modge podge those baby wipe cases I got to see it! Fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete