Saturday, March 27, 2010

Weekend Activities

Another fun-filled weekend is halfway through already, but we had the chance to hang out with both friends and family.














The kids and I made homemade pizza Friday night. I had been wanting to try a stuffed crust recipe and thought these were the best test if it was good or not. It was one extra step beyond however you make your own pizza at home.

I have good luck with Jiffy crust and it is super cheap - bonus! After letting it set for about 5 minutes in the bowl, I spread it out on the pan and let it set for a couple minutes there too.
This picture doesn't look great, but that was Teagan's side of the pizza. Here is where the extra step comes in. I took string cheese, cut each down the middle and laid them around the edge of the crust. All you do is wrap the cheese with the dough to make the stuffed crust.






Here it is pre-baked. I made it a little smaller since the kids and I were the only ones eating.
Here it is out of the oven.

Cheesy goodness! If you haven't tried this yet and your kids like string cheese I highly recommend it for a change from regular pizza.
After pizza we headed over to some friends' house so both kids and adults could hang out. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am so ready to start spending time on decks, watching kids run around the yard, and just enjoy a little sun.

Here are 5 of the 6 kiddos getting ready for bed. Yeah right! Only one of them fell asleep. The rest made it downstairs for the talent show portion of the evening! It was great to get the kids together again. It seems like forever since we have been able to do that. They are all growing up so fast! Thanks Ryan and Amy for hosting!

Random pics from Saturday at home. After I got home from a baby shower this morning Tater decided he needed a little dose of football.
He also did some writing in his daily journal!! There are times when he wants so much to be like his big sister and then other times when he couldn't care less!
After an awesome meal of steaks on the grill the kids did some boxing played baseball on the Wii. They haven't figured out they are playing against each other yet, which is good because not a meal goes by where I don't hear one of them say, "I beat you, I'm done first!" I foresee some intense Mario Kart battles in the Schaefer future!
Tate gave up and watched from the "sidelines" while Teagan finished the game.
Nice form! Tonight Brad was asking Teagan if she could be anything in the world for a job what would it be.
Here are her top 6:
1) A house cleaner - what!! I have to tell her to pick up her own room about 3 times a day!
2) A store worker - where else? Claires, of course!
3) A nurse - to give people shots, not make them better mind you, just give them shots.
4) A baby nurse - "because then if I help them get their babies out they might let me babysit the babies!" Which leads to occupation #5
5) A babysitter
6) A pharmacist - Brad had to mention this one about 20 times and I think Teagan got tired of hearing it and added it to the list. She knew what they did though - a step in the right direction.
Either way, whatever she chooses to be I truly do want her to be happy and enjoy the life she lives. It goes by way too fast to not enjoy it! Have a great Sunday everyone. Hopefully tomorrow I can share an Easter gift project I have been working on.

1 comment:

  1. that pizza looks delicious! Tell Teagan, that I'll hire her as a cleaning lady at my home, I'll pay cash, no one has to know her age!

    ReplyDelete