We started Sunday evening with this recipe for Bacon, Cheese & Potato Chowder found here: http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/bacon-cheese-potato-chowder-107301.aspx

I love soup in the fall. If you make this make sure to use the bacon and green onions, otherwise it can be a little bland.
While that was cooking on the stove I prepped for our Monday night supper - the new recipe. It was for crock-pot lasagna. I am always up for trying new stuff, especially if it means my meal makes itself while I am gone. Not going to lie - this was awesome!! All the same prep of regular lasagna, but you can make it ahead in your crock and keep it in the fridge overnight. Just set it on low around 12 and by 5:30 it is ready to go. Here it is: http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/slow-cooker-lasagna-114123.aspx

So, that should give me a lunch and a night of leftovers - even better! Wednesday is another crock-pot meal. Its called Sunday Chicken and I found it on a site that doesn't exist anymore, but so stinkin easy. Here it is:
4-6 frozen, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
1 cup sour cream
*put chicken in slow cooker (I always use the plastic liners, always) mix soup and onion mix and pour over chicken. Cover and cook on high 4 hours OR low 6-8 hours. One hour before serving stir in sour cream.
Easy-peasy - I always make more and use it for enchilada or this recipe later in the week.

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=10000001854027
So, there you have it. A couple of our favorite meals, with not much work and pretty cheap ingredients. Congrats to Raider volleyball on their 1st round win this evening. Now we are off to cheer on the Raider football team Wednesday night!




I had forgotten all about those crock pot liners. Going on my grocery list right now!
ReplyDelete