Tuesday, October 19, 2010

This and That

We have been just doing stuff around the house lately, but almost everything has been on a list so if feels good to get them done. The stuff not on the list was pumpkins, but I had to try out some of the ideas I posted about earlier.
I really, really like how they turned out. Might be a yearly decoration - an never mind the dead mums in the backround. I would like to say I am setting the mood for Halloween, but reality is that I forgot to water them.
I really do enjoy carving pumpkins, but have lost some of my enthusiasm, so I let the kids design what they wanted. Teagan's is done from a sketch and Tate just told me he wanted a ghost and a house. Easy enough.
Anybody else have WAY TOO MANY of these little guys at their house too? Don't get me wrong, I love nature as much as the next girl, but seeing these both outside and too close to inside my house has me frazzled!
So, I spent a good 20 minutes on Sunday inspecting the outside of my house like a lunitic spraying for them. The ones way up towards the top got a small dose of wasp spray (still did the trick) and the ones on the foundation got good ol' fashion spider stuff. I am not exagerating when I say I probably killed at least 30 of them on the spot - gross!!!!
I got one step closer to the Teagan finale. Her closet was purged, and so were all the drawers in her room. I covered the baskets with material from Hobby Lobby and used bins from Dollar Tree. I think I did all 4 plus little holders for about $8.
The mirror will soon be brown, but thats a rainy day project. I also covered the bulletin board with extra material and got the hamper at Dollar General.

I also got Tate's closet cleaned out and Brad even installed a shelf in our supply closet to hold extra stuff. It was a super productive weekend. My next project is ordering family pictures and figuring out where to display them in the house. I feel a Hobby Lobby trip in my future!!

2 comments:

  1. Love the pumpkins!! I think next year I will be growing(or trying to)my own little crop of pumpkins! After seeing your "pumpkin post" there are so many different decorating ideas I want to try, just don't want to BUY all the pumpkins!! ;)

    And love the fabric patterns you used in Teagan's room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg! love those pumpkins... and that fabric in teagan's room looks great, can't wait to see the reveal!

    ReplyDelete