Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Fast Lane

I wish I could say my lack of blogging is due to us living life in the fast lane, but really it is more like a scenic road trip right now. We are just enjoying down time and little events here and there. Besides the occassional trip to a home basketball game, we have been out only for work, daycare, tumbling and dance class. Teagan attending a cheer camp and got to perform at halftime of a girls basketball game. She spent every waking hour until then practicing her jumps and toothless smiles.


She had a blast and did a great job. The girls are always so excited and fun to watch.


















I wouldn't leave out Mr. Tate. He has been busy with stuff in general. He enjoys playing his hand-me-down Leapster, watching movies, harassing his sister, and building stuff.













He is also learning to take some great pictures. Here is one of Teagan and I.









Teagan has been rocking her Spelling this year and didn't miss a word until November and that was just a little switch of 2 letters. Anyway - her teacher has been adding extra words just to test them. She does really well, but happened to miss the word "shut". I would argue that her word is also a real word, but not one she was going for :) At least she is using past tense!




















Lastly, I need some thoughts from you followers out there. As I have mentioned, we are preparing for a trip to Disney World in March. And while I am super pumped, I also have to think about things like keeping the kids in eyesight and teaching them what to do if we were to get seperated. A co-worker spotted this and gave it to us to use (if we so choose). I have extreme mixed feelings. I have seen kids with these on and thought seriously? You are putting your kid on a leash, but I also imagine the absolute terror I would feel if anything would happen to him. Where is the line? What do you guys think?








It also didn't help that when I put it on he said, "Look, Mom! I am like a puppy!" Whats a mom to do?


3 comments:

  1. We used one of those for Taryn at the Boston Aquarium a few years ago. I wasn't too sure about the leash (because it felt like that to me too), but it worked ok. If she tried to get ahead of us, we ended up catching other people with the leash. As long as she understood she had to stay with us, it was fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmm..... i too think, seriously??? BUT, in a place so big and unfamiliar, it makes you think, maybe using one wouldn't be so bad? just make sure if you use it he isn't wearing it in alll of the pictures you take. ;) he may look back in a couple few years and wonder why he had that on in every picture... lol!

    a blog you might like...
    www.fingerprintsonthefridge.com
    under her "what i've done" section on the right is her labels and one of them is "disney", she did a whole week of disney post and has some really cute ideas on packing and such. The whole blog is cute actually!

    also btw... i made the bubble pizza the other night... big hit with the family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE TEAGAN's SMILE!!! She made me smile!:D What a milestone!
    Ben's parents, niece and nephew just went to Disney 2 wks ago and said those leashes were everywhere and understandably! They said it would have been crazy stressful trying to keep tabs on little ones without them! Tate's a good listener...I think you guys will have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete