Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Getting rid of some guilt



Do you ever read articles in parenting magazines and think, "Really? Do other parents really think that way because there is no way I would have enough patience, time, help, etc....to do that." Or "Are they serious about letting their child do that?" Well, obviously I have these thoughts frequently when reading aricles and posts from parents out there and to be honest sometimes they make me feel about 2 feet tall in terms of parenting. It is a fine line between being a great parent and being a happy, content person. Sometimes the 2 just don't work together and then there are days where life is good.

Anyway, I found an article today about reasons we should NOT feel guilty. And I LOVED it and wanted to share it with you!!! Seriously - laughed out loud, want to have lunch with the woman and probably a couple drinks - Loved it! http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-life/own-your-life/article.aspx?cp-documentid=26729187&gt1=32088

I think I relate to just about every single one and they are true and real thoughts that I think real parents have. If you need a little boost as a mom/parent this article will help justify why we do need a night out or spend a little extra on something for ourselves. We have earned it people! That being said I am off to snuggle in my game-playing kiddos and pray that tonight they both just stay there so momma can have a little quiet time for herself - guilt free of course!

3 comments:

  1. OMG I needed that this morning, thank you! LOL!! Henry is sick and I've plopped him in front of the t.v. (for most of the day yesterday and probably today) and spent too much time on this computer and doing "my stuff".

    You are a great momma, and have NO reason to feel guilty... your kids are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also just read that article and couldn't agree more with many of those points (as well as what Nicky said about your mom-ing & your kiddos!). Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved it darc--thanks for the good read!

    ReplyDelete