Monday, July 27, 2009

M.I.A.

It feels like I haven't blogged in forever, but the last 4 days have been crazy. What have I been doing? Here it is:
Our sewer backed up on Friday morning, nothing too major, but enough to have to move stuff away from the drains in the laundry room. After everything was taken care of I realized this was a good time to dig out this old table that I have been planning to use for quite awhile. Here it is with the the layers. The darkest was on top, the light brown underneath, and the oak is what the table really is. It looks really nice. I will update on its new home later.

Today I am cleaning up the kids' toy room. We took the old TV and entertainment center down there and I finally made room for some books I have been saving for Teagan. Anyone remember these? Wow, that was a long time ago!!
I am trying to find curtains for the kitchen, but no luck yet. I really want some cool blinds, but they aren't in the budget right now. I found these temporary ones at Walmart and really like them. They are great at keeping out the sunlight and you can "adjust" them (hence the clips at the bottom). I even cut them to fit and didn't have to pay anyone to do it - bonus!! The grand total - about $13 and 8 minutes of my day! Not bad.
My garden is doing awesome! Here are some of the first zucchini squash.
I also cleaned and re-organized this. I hate coat closets! Everything gets thrown in on the floor. Never by me of course!!
And this bad boy. I really want pull-out shelves, but that isn't in the budget either. So I make due with the wire shelf. It fell down the other day - I guess a sign that it was due for a little makeover.
I know how you feel buddy! Back to the dungeon - if you don't hear from me soon come and dig me out!!

2 comments:

  1. Love that you saved the Babysitter Club books! I wish I would of done that. Can't wait to see what you do with that table, sounds like a great project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pulled my Babysitter's Club books out of the attic this spring for Jayden to read. She's not quite interested yet (as I was, but I wasn't 6 either), but hopefully she'll enjoy them as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete