Saturday, January 31, 2009

What to do today?

Ah, Saturday mornings. I wake up, look at the clock, and think what great things I could accomplish today. Yeah right - I have been awake for 3 hours and I have made breakfast (and cleaned up - thank you very much!), wiped my son's disgusting nose about 20 times, and watched my daughter clean out my purse looking for gum. Remind me again why I can't seem to get big projects done when I am at home with my kids?

I did mangage to do a quick Valentine's gift for Teagan's teachers. I borrowed the idea from another blog. Super easy and CHEAP (my favorite word!) I started with 3 tiny bottles of hand sanitizer - who knew they had it in berry scent and it is even pink! BONUS! DING-DING-DING!! (Imagine I am winning a game show!) I cleaned off the stickers with what - you guessed it - GOO BE GONE!! Wiped them with windex and was ready to decorate.

I used stickers from Dollar Tree (where else?) and I found all the ribbon on an elastic hair tie for girls (also $1). I little strategic placement and tying and here they are. Ready for the teachers!

While shopping at Dollar Tree for the Valentine's gifts I found these great wall stickers. I think I bought about 8 sheets and used 1 for my frames the other day. A couple might go in my livingroom or bedroom. The rest are chalkboard material and I am using them in the kids' bedroom for good night wishes.


Here is how they look in Tate's room. You can see how much he enjoys them!
Here is Teagan's goodnight wish from Dad!
I also found the Dream stickers for Teagan's room. It goes perfectly in her room.
I am using these on the door for reminders for the whole family. The chalk erases pretty well and I like the way it looks on the door.
So there it is - my Saturday in a blog. Not exactly greatness, but it will do. After all it is Saturday! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment