Monday, January 26, 2009

Why am I still awake?

While others (mainly Amy B) were watching The Bachelor I was trying to load the last of the dishes without my son crawling into the dishwasher (seriously one of his favorite things to do). Thankfully Tate is at a stage where he likes to climb in his chair and watch a little TV. Teagan is the good big sister and will tolerate a little Diego, so I bought myself about 15 mintues. Tate is clapping along to the "Go, Diego, Go Diego" theme song. I know all you moms are singing it right now!
Tate also spent some time working on his technology skills. Nothing but the high tech stuff at the Schaefer's!
I can't pretend that I didn't do my share of TV watching this evening. While my kids were supposed to be sleeping I skimmed my way through a couple shows on my DVR. I caught up on Top Chef. Hosea is my favorite - I just like to pretend that I could cook like he does, plus I think he is a cutie. And he had the guts to hook up with one of the other chefs with cameras everywhere - way to go dude!
When Top Chef was over I caught up on a couple episodes of Intervention on A&E. If you have never watched it I highly recommend it. I have been watching this series since it first started and I never cease to be amazed at what drugs and alcohol can do to a person's entire being. If you have a chance check it out.
Brad didn't get home til later, but in time to challenge me to a Mario Kart grand prix cup(for those of you who don't know "Kart" lingo, that is 4 races against each other and the other characters). Anyway - we got 1 1/2 races in before hearing Tate coughing pretty hard on the monitor. We decided to give him some medicine, kick on the humidifier, and see what happened. Much to our surprise (not really) Teagan was still awake also. We got Tate all settled only to get a phone call from our one and only college bound family member - Aunt Beth! So Teagan got to wish her a happy birthday and talk to her for a little while.
At this moment (10:30 pm to be exact) all is quiet with the kids and I am finishing up and ready to hit the sack. As always I told myself I would be in bed by 10:00 so I could get up when I need to in the morning. Once again that goal didn't happen, but I did get to do some really important stuff - hang out with my kids and watch them play and learn, try to beat my husband at Mario Kart, talk with my "baby" sister, and share my day.




No comments:

Post a Comment