Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Anyone up for a round?

Of golf that is! I know the last couple of posts have had little to nothing to do with my kids, but hey - moms need a little talk time too!! So golf season is just around the corner and I can honestly say I am looking forward to it. I will preface this by saying I look forward to it every year because in my head I am going to come out with guns blazing and take Stone Creek Country Club by storm. About 2 holes in I remember that I am not good and I only look forward to the social aspect of golf. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.
What got me on this topic you might ask? Well, we are drawing for partners tonight so that gets the ball rolling, but also the fact that Brad has been at the course everyday for the past 2 1/2 weeks. Devoted? Yes, but this would only happen if he were coaching golf, which he is. Needless to say I have boxes of golf shoes and equipment showing up at my house. I have a ball retriever in our van - if you don't know what that looks like - here you go.

Honestly - a great invention. Don't have to bend over to pick up practice balls! What's that - you don't practice? Neither do I!!

I also have these around my house all year round. I do look at them and try to apply the tips to my golf game, but unless it is hands-on it means nothing to me. So, if you drop by my house sometime and need to use the facilities (you know what I mean!). You will see a huge stack of these and think "wow, Darcy's golf game is going to be great this year!" Just remember I am not the member of my household who spends the most time "reading"!

No comments:

Post a Comment