Sunday, April 5, 2009

The painting bug

I drug my mom to Cedar Rapids with me last night so that I could get another color of countertop paint. The Iowa City store is out until next week and it has been driving me crazy that I don't have the paint in my hands!

Here is the door before.
And after.

I tried out "Earth" on the bathroom cupboard. I need an empty house to do the actual cabinet, but I did the drawers and doors and am pretty happy with it. I think I would like it a little darker, but this is as dark as it gets.

I went on smooth and I am thinking one coat will be enough. It actually looks darker than it really is in these pictures.I don't know if I will be brave enough to tackle the kitchen. I use those counters way more and everyone who comes in the house sees them. I did get another color just to test out and see if I like it. We'll see. Maybe someday I will be brave enough to do this!
I also had some time to finish the last coat on Teagan's dress-up closet. The picture doesn't really do the purple justice.

We spent most of Friday night and Saturday morning at my grandparent's house putting on new shingles. When I say we I mean the rest of my family (aunts, uncles, cousins, mom, dad, brother)- I had the kids inside with Great-Grandpa and Grandma. In my defense I did help make lunch - even if my Grandma had to go back and re-peel the potatoes I did!

I did manage to get this picture of Tate and Great-Grandpa while watching some of the work outside. Sometimes I forget how lucky we are to be able to see them often and that my kids get to spend time with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment