Thursday, April 9, 2009

I was a busy little bee!

So I took Wednesday off to finish off some of my projects that required some non-kid attention. I am always amazed at what I can do with a couple hours to myself. What did I do before I had kids?
I had a request to show an after picture of my bathroom countertop project. Here is the before - striking it rich with gold!
And here it is after. I ended up putting one more coat of paint on. There were some bubbles, but I sanded it down and put the 2nd coat on. It turned out well. I like to 100 times better than the gold. I am worried about knicks and chipping, but since its paint I can always just put on another coat. I can't complain for less than $20!
While the counter was drying I painted the cupboards a darker brown. It only took one coat and I am super happy with it also. The best part is that you only have to clean it, let it dry, and start painting. I didn't even use 1/3 of the paint so this only cost about $7. Compared with the $300+ ones we were looking at at Menards. I also took down the border on the wall (I know, I was on fire!!!) Next up - a new coat of paint. Thinking of an icy bluish color. If anyone wants to stop in and give their thoughts I would love you!
So I got paint happy and tried the taupe color on my garage door. Love it!!
Ignore the dents from kicking it open with hands full of kids and bags. Other than that I think it looks pretty darn good. So good in fact that I started painting my front door the same color. Sadly I ran out of time and had to pick up the kids. So if you drive by you might notice the door is only about 2/3rds done, but it won't be long. What can I say? I have got spring fever and there is nothing like a little paint to make you feel better about your house.

No comments:

Post a Comment