So, one of my New Year's resolutions is to do some redecorating around the house. I would like my livingroom to have a little more "punch" and want to focus on using greens, khaki, and other earth tones. I made some pillows (with no sew glue, of course, but hey at least I made them!) And I found a $6 matching pillow to go with.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Goo-B-Gone"r"
Among my amazing group of friends I am not the most crafty or creative one in the bunch, but I am definately the self proclaimed brawn! I pride myself on being able to hammer any nail without splitting the wood or even needing a step-stool to do it (hurray for us 6 footers!!) I love that I can ask my friends for suggestions on what to do and they will give me the straight up about what they think would work the best for me. I actually think this dependance on them is only fueling my lack of creativity. When I have an idea I always think to myself, "Oh, one of the girls will help me with this. I'll just ask them what they think." This isn't necessarily a bad approach to decorating, but I have decide I do need to be able to make some decisions on my own.
So, one of my New Year's resolutions is to do some redecorating around the house. I would like my livingroom to have a little more "punch" and want to focus on using greens, khaki, and other earth tones. I made some pillows (with no sew glue, of course, but hey at least I made them!) And I found a $6 matching pillow to go with.
I also grabbed some cheap Christmas decorations and a $3 vase from Wal-mart to give me a color scheme for my livingroom.
This next project is one I am most proud of so far. I wouldn't necessarily make a big deal out of the cost of my decorating, but the only way to get some of this done is to do it cheap (and by cheap I mean almost free!) I bought these frames for a total of $3 at Dollar Tree and painted them with white acrylic paint. After two coats I found brown paper for the background and used these wall stickers (also $1 at Dollar Tree) to fill them up. These are the colors I want to use for my bedroom. After getting some great advice from Amy B and Nikki tonight I think I will go with one wall of brown and the other walls with blue. (Pictures taken in my kitchen, please ignore the border. That is a project for later down the road)


I also bought these sheets and am thinking about having my Grandma (master sewer) make a bedspread out of them. We'll see how it turns out. It is definately a work in progress, but I have to say I am impressing myself by actually following through with some of my own ideas. Who knows where it will take me!!
This I how Tate helps me with redecorating! I guess we know where he thinks the trash can should be! Thanks buddy!
So thats where I end for the day. I had a great night of socializing with the girls and just having some away time. Thanks to my friends for always making me feel a part of the conversations even if I am not the next Martha Stewart or HGTV star. I know they will always help me out and make my stuff look good and they know I will always be there to hammer a nail and hang a heavy picture for them. Isn't that what it is all about? Thanks ladies!!
So, one of my New Year's resolutions is to do some redecorating around the house. I would like my livingroom to have a little more "punch" and want to focus on using greens, khaki, and other earth tones. I made some pillows (with no sew glue, of course, but hey at least I made them!) And I found a $6 matching pillow to go with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




those frames are cute!!
ReplyDelete