Monday, August 10, 2009

Happy Birthday - Times Two!

Once again we celebrate the kids' birthdays together. We ended up with a pretty good day, a little warm, but it could have been worse! Thanks to the friends and family that joined us - everyone had a great time!Happy Birthday! How do I have kids this big?
Sorry this is blurring, but I couldn't get a picture where the kids weren't running. Gpa and Gma Schaefer purchased this for the grandkids to use both at their house and for birthdays. The kids all loved it!
I think Teagan went down more than anyone. By the way - it is 9:15 right now and she is still sleeping! Completely wiped out!
You get a good idea of how big it is. Pretty sure that is Madox trying to scale the side!
Believe it or not this is the best picture we could get of all the kids. I think it is hilarious! Tate trying to escape, Cole crying, Griff is like "this is a little scary", Gavin posing, Jenna is like "what is that kid doing?"! Teagan and Bryce are the only 2 really taking a picture - What a group!
Some of the "big" kids. At Teagan's first birthday they were all in carseats or strollers.
Tate finally got in the water. After that we had to drag him out!
Dads doing what they do best!
Eating supper.
My creations! I will blog about the cupcakes later, but I also did Tate's cake. I really enjoy it. Also - ignore the pictures in the back. I don't display them for guests - I was trying to get rid of extras!!
Present time!
What a ham! Don't let her fool you - see loves the attention!
Loving the tractor cake!
Grandpa getting in on the action (and Jack too). These two are the reason Tate is so in love with John Deere! We wouldn't have it any other way. Farm boy living in the city!
The grandmas are always such great help. Dishing out ice cream and cake - later the dishes! Love them!!
Beth enjoying the homemade ice cream! Had to put this one in!
The great-grandparents. It is so special that they get to celebrate with us and they really enjoy all the kids. We are blessed to have this time with them and the kids will always remember that.
It was really a good day. We got everything in before the storm and took the rest of the night to review gifts. Today is going to be a lazy day - now its 9:30 and Teagan is still in bed. Ah, summer!! Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like an aweome time. Love those butterfly cupcakes! you'll have to let me know how you did them.

    ReplyDelete