Monday, August 31, 2009

All Hands on Deck!

Welcome to my new deck!
OK, so anyone who knows where I live knows this deck wouldn't exactly work, but maybe at my summer home! We are planning a deck off our kitchen and made the family trip to Menards to check out the materials.
Since our house is already a khaki(ish) color we decided to go with the same color for the deck. This is cedar and it is the composite material that never has to be stained. If you also know my husband and I we need low maintenance!
We also have to put in a door and take out the huge picture window. By the way when I say we I mean our good friend Ryan (props to you Amber!). Anyway - I am in love with the doors that have the blinds inside, so I am getting my wish. Yea!! No ugly vertical blinds that the kids are going to tear off and get food all over. You don't know how excited I am about this door!
I missed my episode of "Hoarders" tonight - good thing I have my own episode going on in the basement! Off to talk deck budget with the hubby - what a downer! At least one of us lives in reality. What fun is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment