Sunday, January 3, 2010

Are those angels I hear?






I don't know about you, but I seriously have moments in life where I swear I hear the voices of an angel choir singing around me. This afternoon was one of those moments. What happened you ask? Here is the miracle - 8 years in the making:





















CLEANED OUT and ORGANIZED!!!!! Hear them? (Hallelujah, Hallelujah!!)























When we moved into our house we pretty much threw extra crap in this room and over the years more crap has been piled on top of it. Brad and I tackled it yesterday and today and I can officially say it is where I want it to be. Please don't ask about the other rooms since they are dealing with some of the overflow!
























Even the decorations are clearly labeled and together in one place. Here are the trash totals for this one, yes one, room. 4 large recycling bags, 3 diaper boxes of paper, countless boxes broken down, a random oven rack, one lonely kitchen chair, and a mop that could be the lead in one of those Swiffer commercials. A great job done!















I did get all of my Christmas stuff put away upstairs, but just can't get rid of these yet. I love walking by them and just looking at all the people who bless our lives. Thanks to everyone who sent one - we love them all!!









One of Teagan's presents from Brad and I were tickets to go see the Lion King in D.M. in 2 weeks. Oddly enough one of the hidden treasures was this soundtrack for the broadway show. Weird, huh? We are all super excited. Even downloaded some of the songs on Teagan's new MP3 players. Hakuna Matata baby!!










I also found this gem hidden in the back of one of the storage shelves. It is adorable and the copyright says 1959! Now I have to decide if I will actually let the kids play with it or hang it on the wall. I think option #1 will win. Unless someone out there can tell me it is worth something.
After supper at the Haus (so goodafter a day of cleaning - or any other day!) I filled some empty frames around the house. I am kind of notorious about hanging frames without real pictures, so this is a good job done for me. Here are a couple of my favorites:













































Have a great Monday everyone! And to those of you heading back after a lengthy break - may the force be with you (and a lot of caffeine!)

No comments:

Post a Comment