Saturday, January 30, 2010

To be 6 again






















So, I asked Teagan to clean of her desk. This one..















This is what it usually looks like after a week of school work brought home, stuff collected throughout the house, and outfits that didn't get put away. It is one of the banes of my existence and it drives me CRAZY. I try to keep up with it during the week, but not this one, so this morning I asked her to go through the papers and decide what to keep and what could be thrown. She was quietly working in her room and was expecting to find at least some progress, but this is what I saw instead:




















I said (as calmly as I could, of course) "Teagan, I asked you to clean off your desk." To which she replied, "I am Mom. I thought I would take the stuff off my desk and cut it up to put on my walls." AWESOME. Now, not only do I have to see all that stuff on her desk it is now on the walls. She is cutting it down, which all us moms know means scraps everywhere! And I can't discredit her for being creative, but now I have 2 messes to clean up. Should have just done it myself. Arg!
Some samples of the early work:




















And it isn't contained just to her room. All over the house as "decorating". Ah, to be 6 again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment