Saturday, January 2, 2010

Catching up

I am not exactly sure how I have been spending my time, but all of a sudden tomorrow is the last day of Christmas break and then its back to real life. I thought I would catch you up on the past week.
The day after Christmas we headed to Chicago for a couple days to spend time with one of Brad's uncles and cousin. We had a blast! We started the night with supper at Bucca de Beppo. If any of you knew my mother-in-law then you understand the rest of the family! They are an absolute blast and we love being able to see them!





















Teagan and Rae get along super well. I am so glad they are growing up knowing each other!

Sunday brought Shedd Aquarium and a fun day. Seriously!


I will have more pictures later courtesy of my sister-in-law, but here is one I got before my camera died. Tate wasn't so sure about the hands-on activities, but he had a great day!
When we got home Aunt Beth stopped by to play with some of the new presents. I know I say this all the time, but she is such a good aunt. Especially for as young as she is. We are all lucky to have her!

















Now back to my normal blogging activities - projects. Before Christmas I showed you a barn window I wanted to clean-up for my Mom for Christmas. Here it is finished. It took some more sandpaper and Windex - even after that it was still dropping dirt, but I got the name on and the pictures. Mom really liked it and it looks great in its new home.


This space really needs some TLC, but for know I am filling it with this picture from H.L. I love these letter pictures and have been wanting one for awhile. This was 1/2 off before Christmas. With a little extra decor I should be able to fill the space pretty well.
















I also made a trip to Target for some 75% off decorations. I have been wanting the ornament garland and was excited to see they still had some - less than $4! The red and silver became a wreath (see below) the gold ornaments hope to find a home in my kitchen next year, and the little trees ($1.25 each) were just too cute to leave on the shelf. You can never have too many trees at Christmas right?




Ever since I made my tiny ornament wreath I have been chomping at the bit to do another one. What better time than with super cheap stuff? My hanger was super hard to twist at the top, so I gave up and covered it with leftover ribbon from gifts. It hung on my door for a day and it was then put away in storage til next year. I'm sure I will be just as excited about it then as I was last night!
This was my shopping partner (in crime)! She validated every reason I gave for needing something! Gotta love this kid! For her efforts she was rewarded with a new hat, which is for outside, but she wore it all around the house today. She loved it so much she wore it all over Target with tags on before we bought it! I have officially created a monster!!
Sunday will bring a day of organizing the basement store room (which was started today) and the kids are spending the afternoon with Aunt Jill. I think I might try and talk her into a little Pizza Haus for supper. Don't think that will take much convincing!! Have a great rest of the weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment