Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My Lenten resolution.

Being the good Lutheran girl I am we have always gone to church (ok at least when I was little) during the season of Lent. I don't know where exactly the "giving something up" came from - Catholics, Lutherans, or both, but I seriously debate what to do. It is pointless for me to give up chocolate or caffiene - I don't have much of either. I also start thinking about things I could start doing, but stop because it isn't a New Year's resolution. Then I start thinking, "Maybe I could stop being such a control freak when it comes to my family." Yeah right - we don't want absolute chaos, so that is out of the question. I know that you give something up as a sacrifice, but what could I get rid of that I would miss, but not miss so much I would crumble? I think I have it- for Lent I am giving up buying clothes. My friend Amy did this for the month of January, so I decided I could give it a shot. Now mind you, I am not really a big spender when it comes to clothes, but I have been know to buy stuff for both me and my family if it is a really good deal. Well, no more (at least until Easter). My kids and I have enough clothes to last us until then and it can only help our bank account. Wish me luck and please don't invite me to any themed parties that require special attire that I don't have in my closet!! Thankfully Lent doesn't fall anywhere near costume parties, ugly sweater competitions, or BUNCO theme night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment