Sunday, March 1, 2009

Hear no evil, speak no evil, say no evil ... about mommy!

While at lunch at my parent’s today Teagan again spoke words of truth. Tate was yelling at Brad or whoever would listen (again) and Teagan said (with no coaching mind you) “Tate stop yelling at Daddy, that’s mommy’s job!” Everyone cracked up knowing that it was the truth! It is always amazing what kids have to say. There are times where Teagan is talking to people and I am terrified of what she is going to share!

That got me thinking about some of my kids’ favorite phrases - ok, maybe not their favorites, but definitely some of mine!
Bikini: Teagan likes to wear this, but usually when she says it she is referring to zuchinni Pirates: My all-time favorite Teagan word. She was not referring to the guys with patches - more like her privates, but she couldn’t quite get the difference. Still a running joke with a lot of moms I shared this with!
Brown titus: According to Teagan this is what Kameron was diagnosed with when he was sick. I didn’t have the heart to tell her it was bronchitis - she was so concerned
Mom: This one comes from Tate. Anyone who has been around him when I am in his sights knows that “Mom” is not so much a noun as it is a command. Anytime he needs or wants something this is what he yells - not speaks - yells this word. Its one of those moments when you wondered why you desperately wanted your kids to say your name!

Cow: Not really that funny until you realize that your one-year-old is labeling everything a cow and mooing at it. Puppies, tractors, people have all fallen prey to Tate’s first animal word. He has since gotten better and only mixes up puppies and cows!I haven't really watched many episodes of Celebrity Apprentice on NBC, but I caught part of tonight's show and I think I might become a follower. They have a ton of well know people, but already their are personalities are clashing. I love how people will turn on each other in a moments notice - even if it is for charity. This might have to replace my Real Housewives void on my DVR!

Had another great book club meeting this afternoon. It is always nice to just sit down with women who do the same thing as you everyday and enjoy their company! That being said - I am off to read my non-book club book "New Moon". I am trying to give myself enough time to finish it by tomorrow. I just can't stop!! Wish I felt this way about housework!!

No comments:

Post a Comment