Monday, March 23, 2009

Harvard Here She Comes!

Teagan has been "practicing" tying her shoes for awhile, but all of sudden Sunday she almost had it. By the time she got home from school and daycare yesterday she pretty much had it down. Not too shabby for someone who isn't even in Kindergarten yet - what can I say, she is brilliant! Here is the play-by-play:
Making the initial tie
One loop
Two loops
Pull it through
Concentrating hard on the finish
And here it is! She said,"Mom, are you proud of me because I am proud of myself." I said "Of course I am!" But was thinking "where did my baby go?" Some of the proudest moments for a Mom are also the saddest! Enjoy the moments!
These moments happened yesterday (Monday). The kids were both wound for sound and being naughty together. Tate is screaming in this picture (for those who have been around him lately that is nothing new!)
The whole problem started when Teagan let him pile on top of her and they started wrestling and both thought it was great.
Earlier in the night Tate discovered his love of both ranch and ketchup. Now, I am sure he has both of these before but he is officially at the point where has asks/screams for them if they are within eyesight. And everything gets dipped in them. Luckily he still eats the bite with the condiment on it - he hasn't figured out yet that he could just suck it off and go back for more. I am sure that is soon to come!
Dipping broccoli in some ranch. Notice the ketchup on the side.
They did slow down for a little while to get some decent together pictures. Tate is going in for a kiss here.
Having a drink after a great night at the Sundown with friends. Yes - I said Sundown. We went up for supper with some friends and there ended up being a ton of kids there. It was fun to watch. By the end of the night we had cars on the floor and kids out on the dance floor. We make white trash look good!! Our kids are true Schaefers!! Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment