Sunday, March 29, 2009

This could change my life!

Ok - so maybe it won't change my life, but it could make me a whole lot happier about where I live, which in turn could make me a happier person. I got a call from a friend asking about countertop paint I talked about in an earlier blog. I had to admit that I hadn't attempted it yet. I got off the phone, threw caution into the wind, and started painting.
Here is a picture of the sink before the transformation.
And the wonderful gold laminate that I am trying to get rid of. By the way - this is what is in my kitchen so if this works it could really make me a happy person!

The countertop before...
And after. I have a fan plugged in to dry. It feels dry after only a couple hours, but the box says 3 days! I am thinking that is how long to wait before putting stuff on it. I guess we'll see. I am going to do one more coat because I noticed some streaking and some little bubbles. I think they are from the fan (I had it on while painting). All in all I think it is going to be $17.99 very well spent. Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. i want to come over and see this tranformation! how awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete