Sunday, March 22, 2009

We Do All Our Own Stunts!

We Schaefers decided today was family day, so we spent it being lazy, watching basketball and taking a decent Sunday nap. After all of that down time the kids (and their dad!) started getting a little stir crazy.
At our house that means time for tricks and acrobatics. You know - because all Schaefers are so flexible and nimble!! It started with Brad trying to convince Teagan to do some new trick where she flips over his head and hangs upside down.
All was going well until Tate decided to join in on the fun and jump on Brad while they were doing their "act". Needless to say, Brad wasn't expecting this and got the wind knocked out of him a couple times! I found it very enjoyable!!
So I think this is close to what the "finale" was supposed to look like. Tate moved angles so he could reach Teagan's head and pull her hair while hanging in mid-air. It got a little ugly, but everyone got over it!
While Tate was playing on the chair (see a couple pictures down) Brad and Teagan moved onto headstands. I know this brings back some kind of memory for all of us, but it is just a little different when it is your kid - and she is within legs reach of my newest addition to the livingroom. All I could see was everything getting wiped out with those long legs of hers. Wonder where she gets those!
She managed to do it on her own, so lucky me I am sure I will find her like this numerous times each day. And my Easter baskets and table are sure to fall victim to the occasional fall!
Tate loves crawling on furniture and thinks it is hiliarious. That is until he falls off or someone (Teagan) takes him out. This would explain the 3 (yes 3) times he gave himself a mind concusion today. If any of you do not have a boy yet, just wait - might as well invest in a padded room because that is the only way to contain them!
Welcome to the Schaefer Gardens! Sadly enough this landscaping (done by Teagan while Brad was grilling supper) is the best display of yardwork our house has to offer. I can just never get motiviated to do projects outside.
Tate says "I've had about enough of this family togetherness. I am off to bed. Wheres my paci?"
After a hard day of working (yeah right) Brad thought he needed a little chiropractic care and being the cheapskate he is, hired some pretty inexperienced work! Sad huh? Thats it for tonight. I need to catch up on some laundry and tonight's episode of the Amazing Race - a mom's job is never done!

No comments:

Post a Comment