
So I mentioned earlier that one of my new favorite shows is "Hoarders" on A&E. Well, I discovered yesterday there might be a reason I enjoy watching people who can't throw things away. I discovered I am a recovering hoarder! I have been making a conscience effort for awhile to keep things "minimal" at our house, but prior to that I may have been labeled a hoarder.

Lets start by saying I emptied all these tubs (11 in all) plus a few small boxes yesterday. When I say
yesterDAY I mean DAY. I was in the basement sorting for a good 7 hours. I know - ridiculous! I had been saving all the kids' clothes thinking I would use them sometime, but I decided if and when we do have another baby I will probably buy all new things, so I might as well get rid of what I had been keeping.

There was a method to my madness. Each section is labeled by size and each pile is a different article of clothing - short sleeve, pants, sweatshirts, etc. These are all the girl clothes.

Here are the boy clothes. Obviously not as much since Tate is only 2, but still way too much!

Pile of "good" clothes and coats.

My "keep" pile. I am happy to say these fill up only 1 tub! Mostly keepsake outfits and gender neutral for a possible baby #3.

Anybody need some shoes. Come to my garage sale next week. I will give you a heck of a deal.

After all my work here is the end result. All but one contain clothes I am trying to get rid of. These pictures may have put a couple of my friends into a mad panic (Sonya!), but keep in mind at least these were away in tubs to begin with. I just wanted to share with everyone that if you have the same situation as me - don't be ashamed!! It happens to the best of us!

After golfing in a tournament today I got to hang out with Tate while Brad and
Teagan went for a bike ride. What a goofball. He is a ton of fun (and a little frustration) right now!

The bikers.
Teagan loves riding with Brad. Tonight the borrowed this "
rickshaw" from friends.

Tate is ready to go. I could hear him giggling all the way down the street!

Have a great week everyone! See ya!
OMG! I SOOO wish I could come to your garage sale this weekend (I've become an addict)! Looks like some great little girls clothes!! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteYou didn't put me into a panic Darcy! I am actually very proud of you! You have to start somewhere.
ReplyDeleteAnd...My sister is not lying. It’s true. She is an addict.
Thanks Hall girls! Hayley - if you need anything specific let me know I would love for Jenna to have some of Teagan's stuff. Sonya - you don't know how many times I thought of our organizing conversation on Wednesday while I was sorting!! I may still have to hire you!!
ReplyDelete