Monday, May 18, 2009

What can you do with $20?

Anyone who knows me well (and most of you do) know that I love a good deal. I rarely buy anything full price and I wanted to share some of my $20 dollar (and under) deals.
So I painted these blocks I found at Michael's ( $.79 each) with the brown spray paint I used on my table in the living room. I hung them up with sticky squares from Dollar Tree. They are hanging above my toilet. I am sure one day I will find one at the bottom of the stool, but thats the price I pay for being cheap! Not bad for under $7.
I bought this chrome shower rod (not even on sale), but the towels were each $2. 50 and the towel bar was only $5, which put me right at $20. And to top it off I think the bathroom is pretty much done.
A couple accessories to finish off the countertop. The jar was $5, the kleenex holder was $8, I already had the star, and the plate was $2 (clearance at Gordman's - love that place!)

I blogged about this frame earlier, but didn't know what I wanted to do with it. I got it for $10 at Kohls, but found this print on the square at von Essen. They were having a sidewalk sale and it was only $5. It is hanging in my bedroom and looks pretty nice.

This was my deal of the week last week. All 3 pairs of capris for Teagan were $3 each and the shirts were $3 each also. Tate's shirts were $3 and $1. Everything for $19. Yea for me!! Bad for the checking account. No matter how good the deals are sometimes you just need to leave them on the shelf. I can't do it with clothes for the kids.

Honestly the main reason for bragging about what I can get for $20 is to share with everyone what my husband gets for $20. Guess what it is:

absolutely nothing!! He paid for this game of pepper - $18 to be exact. By hey - just having a great (and obsene) time with friends is worth every penny!!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice work on the bargains! I am too like you are...I pretty much stick to the clearance racks and shelves.

    ReplyDelete