Saturday, May 30, 2009

Thats Not My Name!

Before I start with my blog about this weekend you might have noticed I added a playlist. I did this the other night and found some songs that were college favorites and thought some of you might enjoy them. For this blog I choose a special song to play first, so the song will be starting soon and if you don't want the songs to play turn off your sound or go down to the bottom of the blog and disable the playlist if you choose. Enjoy!
Now to the reason for the title of this blog - as I was putting something away in my bedroom today and Tate walked in. As usual he was wanting me to look at something he was doing or wanted me to get something for him, but instead of the usual "Mom!" I was surprised with a new title. Out of my little boy's mouth came "Darc!" I wasn't sure I heard him right so I asked, "Whats my name?" and again he came back with "Darc." We went through this a couple times before I realized my little copycat was not going to call me Mom and I should just give up. I thought I had won the battle when later he called me Mom, but was soon one-upped again when he called me "Darc". Seriously? This kid might be the end of me!
Teagan had her first t-ball game on Friday. Everyone did well especially for the first game. The kids are always excited to start, but as the game goes on you see more dirt piles growing and more gloves on the wrong hand!

Good form - we owe that to the coaching!
Rounding 3rd and heading home.
Gavin getting ready to bat
Madox took a healthy cut at this one, but got ahold of one on the next swing
Brad cleaned out the garage today and Tate discovered that Teagan's Dora jeep actually moves. He was content letting Teagan ride with him for awhile, but was soon cruising around the yard.
So, of course being only 21 months old he has no driving skills. This picture pretty much sums up what Brad, Teagan, and I are doing while Tate is "driving"!
But he does look like a natural!!
We enjoyed some burgers and time with friends tonight. Teagan and Pierce hung out for a little while - she loves being the oldest kid and helping with the young ones. Thanks Blake and Ann!!

1 comment:

  1. Bryson hears Kyle calling me Casey and he thinks it is funny to call me Casey. I don't find it so funny. I do think it is funny when he says...no Kyle...after he hears me say that!

    ReplyDelete