Saturday, May 16, 2009

The writing on the wall

Today started out a little differently than most. Tate woke us with the usual "Mommy, are you?", so I rolled out of bed and went to his room. He was standing at his crib and said,"Mommy, pee-pee, foot, leg." I picked him up felt his pjs and they weren't wet - what a faker! Actually, not so much. As I unzipped him I discoverd clear gel all over his tummy and as I got him all the way undressed I found even more down his legs! Poor kid - his diaper was so wet it "popped" at the top and little gel pieces were everywhere. If you have never seen this stuff it is like trying to wipe cottage cheese off a counter - it just spreads!

Needless to say I stood him up, brushed off as much as I could and had Brad put him in the tub. Luckily it vacuumed well and I was off to the next task - laundry. As I was taking off Tate's pjs I noticed some gel so I decided to turn them inside out to get out any extra - this is when I figured out why Tate was saying "feet". All the gel had collected in the feet of his jamas - a good palm full in each! Gross! Poor kid - I can't imagine how uncomfortable that was. Oh, the daily adventures of parenting (and being 20 months old)!!

So after everything was picked up Teagan and Brad headed to the course to set up our new shed. While they were busy with that I decided to hang pictures in my livingroom. I had been waiting to paint the wall, but wasn't getting very far and I just wanted it done so here it is:

I need to add something to the bottom left and of course need to fill most of the frames. Not to worry - I have about $60 worth of pictures sitting in my Kodak Gallery cart!!
I put these up in the bathroom after I finished painting. I really like them. I didn't want to put up any artwork above the sink, but also didn't want to leave it blank. This fits perfectly.
Brad and the kiddos got me this arrangement last week for Mother's Day and they still look beautiful - great work Amy!! Just wanted to show them off. For all the complaining I do I am a pretty lucky lady. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment