I actually got most things on my list done today. I started with the one thing I really wanted to do. That was to refurbish this beauty!
My Grandpa made this for me about 25 years ago and as you can tell it has seen its better days. For the past 15 years(ish) it has been in my parent's "junk room" and it had horrible contact paper on the backsplash, but when my mom offered it to me I couldn't let it go. So, I set off this morning and got to work.
As you can tell the green was pretty bright and I decided I needed a primer. I used some I already had (free), but it took forever!! It is made of particle board and I used a brush to get the paint to "stick".
I found a quart of $2.50 paint at the Lumber store (and used less than half). I only had to roll 2 coats and it went way faster.
I added handles from Tate's room (again, free) and a couple extra hooks from the bathroom and ...viola!! I love it and I think the kids will have a great time plaing with it. It is missing the oven door, but I don't know if I am going to replace it. Not bad for less than $3, huh? Let the summer projects begin!
While Brad and I played in a golf tournament on Sunday the kids hung out with Gene, Carla, and the rest of the Schaefer/Van Zee clan.
Gene bought this ginormous slide and it is awesome!! I am actually a little jealous. Teagan went down about 150 times (according to Grandpa).
Tate and the girls.
Eating sundaes. I heard that Aunt Lindsay brought every possible topping along. These girls are spoiled rotten!

Tate had a blast and loves eating popsicles!! What a ham!

Teagan and Grandma.
No comments:
Post a Comment