Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Teagan's room

I spent a couple (seriously at least 3) hours in Teagan's room the other day. It seems like twice a year I have to do a complete overhaul and take all toys back to the basement and sort through her clothes. For one beautiful day it was clean. I decided to add the pictures to the blog so I could remember that it was once clean. Good thing because by yesterday there were clothes all over and toys on the floor!! Arg!
Her desk. The magazine holders were from the $1 bin at Target. They are super cute. The lamp was one thing I bought at full price about a year and a half ago when I did her "big girl" room. It matches the bedspread and it is on all night every night. Getting my monies worth on that one!
Usually this is covered in hair ties and barrettes. The jewelry box was clearance at Target. And you have to throw in Hannah, of course. That picture is Teagan at about 2 weeks old. It will always be in her room no matter how old she gets. The white box is her "treasure" box she made at school. They took it on a field trip to Iowa Lake and it has a deer bone inside. Gross!! But she is so proud of it so we keep it (lid on of course!)
We have a lot of books and Teagan is starting to pick out some of her own that she is learning to read. Those stay in her room (away from the page tearing little brother!) The rest are knick-knacks.
I bought this rug and used it as the inspiriation for her room. It has all the great girl colors and isn't really age specific.
I wanted pictures for her wall, but couldn't find ones that matched, so I made some. I used oil pastels and then had the guy at the art store cover them. I think the total for all 6 was like $12 (using school art supplies for free of course!)



I used the yellow paint from my kitchenette project on this nightstand. It has been sitting in our basement for years. You can never have too many drawers to hide stuff in!
Teagan decided she wanted flower handles like on her bedspread. They aren't amazing, but she likes them and that is all that matters. Gotta love puffy paint - haven't used that stuff in awhile.

The mismatch of blankets and pillows kind of drives me crazy, but they are all speciall in some way and that is what its all about. At least it is still my little girls room. Soon enough I am sure it will be covered in posters and the princesses and flowers will be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment