Thursday, June 25, 2009

Summer fun! And some other things.

As most of you know (mainly because I was shouting it from the rooftops yesterday!) today was my first official day of summer vacation. While I have a couple random days of work I am off for summer. The kids and I started in style - hanging out this morning doing puzzles, went to the library to pick out some books, and then after lunch it was off to the pool with our friends Lea and Luke.
The kids had a blast. It was a little tough getting all 3 of them to sit and take a picture together.
The pool is more fun now that Teagan can hang out with friends and doesn't need me near her all the time.
Tate loved it! He would walk into the water, sit down, get up and do it all over again. He was very good about keeping his hat on. He is so blonde I am scared of him getting fried!We saw a ton of friends today too! Including Jack and Cole.

MY CLEANING LADIES

Last night after golf we were talking about having people come and clean our houses. I was able to have someone come earlier in the year, but decided that was one expense I could cut, so I haven't had that luxury for awhile. But this afternoon I realized I have free help - now I know why people used to have so many kids. Their houses must have been spotless!!Teagan is always willing to help. Hopefully that continues through her teen years. Yeah right! Maybe I can get her to put those clothes away too!While helping Teagan with the vacuum I heard Tate say "I bacum (vacuum)!" I figured he got out the play one, but I soon discovered he had destroyed my dirt pile and was "helping" sweep.Here is some of the damage. The rest ended up scattered around the floor, worse than before. But, I can't be upset with free help!Unloading the dishwasher - and drying! Bonus!!Dusting the TV.


SOME LOSSES
I know this blog is getting long, but I needed to mention some important losses that we suffered yesterday and today.

Although I didn't know Coach Thomas personally I have heard him speak a couple times and I know how much he touched me just with his words. I can't imagine the sense of loss that the A-P family is feeling right now. Senseless - to everyone who knew him - I am sorry. Thanks for the picture Casey.We all knew this day was coming, but how he was going to die was up in the air. Cardiac arrest. This image is how I chose to remember him. That and Thriller. Rest is peace.
Anyone who has a hairstyle named after them has truly made their mark in society. And she fought a courageous battle against cancer. What an end to the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment